Intelligent Transport Systems: New ICT-based Master’s Curricula for Uzbekistan / INTRAS
Consortium of Project:
- Gdansk University of Technology – GUT(Poland)
- ŽILINSKÁ UNIVERZITA V ŽILINE – UNIZA (Slovakia)
- Alpen–Adria Klagenfurt University – AKU (Austria)
- Andijan Mechine Building Institute – AndMI
- Jizzah Polytechnic Institute – JizPI
- Termez State University – TerSU
- Tashkent Institute of Design, Construction and Maintenance of Automotive Roads – TICAR
- Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineering – TIRE
- Tashkent University of Information Technology – TUIT
- Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan – MHSSE
- “Tashshahartransxizmat” Stock Company (Passenger Transportation of Tashkent city) – PTTC
- Via-Tashkent LLC – VIAT
- The Jizzakh Department of Uzbek Agency for automobile and river transport – ARTD
The project’s main objectives, that are directed to solve and address above identified problems as a whole or mostly, are the followings:
1.Develop a new MSc curriculum in Intelligent Transport systems.
2.Capasity building in Intelligent Transport systems at 6 Uzbek universities.
3.Establishment of laboratories in ICT-based Intelligent Transport systems.
4. Establish links between university and public societies/ institutions/ organizations/ enterprises.
A wider objective of the project is to create an infrastructure and system for training new generation of engineers in ITS. These engineers will be able to solve local and regional Transport challenges of public administration institutions, industries and private consumption in Uzbekistan.
This objective is achieved by creating a new MSc program with complete curricula at the faculty of Engineering of AndMI, JPI, TICAR, TerSU, TIRE and TUIT.
The list of 12 courses within the planned MSc program are the following:
1. Transportation systems (32 hrs/lec,32 hrs/prac,32 hrs/lab);
2. ITS basics (32 hrs/lec,32 hrs/prac);
3. Mathematical tools (32 hrs/lec,32 hrs/prac);
4. Automated Data Acquisition and Processing (16 hrs/lec,16 hrs/prac,16 hrs/lab);
5. ITS management (48 hrs/lec,48 hrs/prac);
6. Traffic modeling and simulation (32 hrs/lec,48 hrs/prac,32 hrs/lab);
7. Telecommunication (48 hrs/lec,32 hrs/lab);
8. Specialization in ITS I and II (48 hrs/lec,48 hrs/prac,48 hrs/lab);
9. Traffic safety (48 hrs/lec,32 hrs/prac,48 hrs/lab) ;
10. GIS for Transportation (32 hrs/lec,32 hrs/prac,32 hrs/lab);
11. Theory and Methodology of Science (16 hrs/lec,32 hrs/prac,16 hrs/lab);
12. Required elective Module (48 hrs/lec,48 hrs/prac,32 hrs/lab).
All these courses will be taught in English.
13. Design requirements for thesis works and projects based on Intellectual Transport system problems of regions of Uzbekistan.
|1||Usmanov Salaxdin||Associated professor of “Land transport systems” department||Local coordinator|
|3||Jiyanboyev Sirojiddin||Senior lecturer of “Land transport systems” department||Teacher/trainer|
|4||Yarbabaev Azamat||Assistant of “Land transport systems” department||Teacher/trainer|
|5||Berdiyorov Temur||Senior lecturer of “Management” department||Teacher/trainer|
|6||Mamaev Gulom||Senior lecturer of “Land transport systems” department||Teacher/trainer|
|7||Abdunazarov Jamshid||Associated professor of “Land transport systems” department||Teacher/trainer|
|8||Alimova Rufina||Bookkeeper of “Accounts” department||Bookkeeper|